In a region long known as one of the most generous in the nation, the Northern Ohio Planned Giving Council is the only local organization that brings together philanthropic planning professionals from all relevant specialties to learn, partner and inspire each other.
As a member of the Northern Ohio Charitable Gift Planners, you will join a select group of professionals who work daily with charitable gift plans. We are dedicated to improving the quality of philanthropic planning in Northern Ohio. Our members are staff and board members of local non-profit charitable organizations, as well as, professional advisors including accountants, attorneys, bankers, financial planners, insurance agents, investment advisors, and other community leaders.
LOCAL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Education Series: Discounted rates on monthly programs featuring high quality presenters.
- Roundtable discussion sessions immediately following the monthly program.
- Continuing education for CFP, CFRE, CLE, ODI.
- Networking Opportunities.
- Invitation to the annual Planned Giving Day conference with discounted rates.
- Ability to apply for a Planned Giving Day scholarship.
- Access to timely updates on new legislation affecting charitable giving.
- Special member rate to all NOCGP hosted programs.
- Annual half day Planned Giving 101 program.
- Free online job postings and career board.
- Free membership in Best Benefits Club which provides access to hundreds of discounts.
NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Joint membership in NOCGP and the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners, offers all the benefits of local membership and the following:
- National Conference on Philanthropic Planning - discounted registration for members.
- Certified Fundraising Executive Exam and Recertification - discounted registration for members.
- Connect and learn in CGP Link - an online community for members.
- Access research data - demographic and salary data, Gift Planner Profile surveys and research.
- Exclusive member resources - access to articles, guidelines, model documents and samples.
- Online directory of partnership members - searchable by name, organization and location.
- Engage with advocacy efforts to stay up to date on issues that affect your donors, the gift planning profession and the nonprofit sector.